HARRYDIDJAPUTYERNAMEINTHECHAMBEROFSECRETS

rad
Anyway Mormon Hogwarts is 100% true, this myth is confirmed. We have a chamber of secrets under the stage. This week we also were given a tour of underneath the center, basically to say "here it is, it's boring, don't come down here again." we also got to write our names on cement, here's mine:



Sunday

Carillon Bells!
On Sunday a few of us we had the chance play the bells YMCA with an instrument called the carillon! It's basically a super chilled out piano
the strings go up through the ceiling and attach to the bells
here are some views!
that carving(?) is the angel mentioned in Isaiah 6

this is the sickest lobby I've ever been in

in the distance you can see the center but you might have to click through to zoom enough
I played the left hand of A Mighty Fortress Is Our God and the right hand of The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare.

After that we wandered around for a bit and ended up at Dormition Abbey! It's a church (cathedral??? I don't know???? what the terminology??? is for catholic worship buildings???!?!???) dedicated to the Virgin Mary and is built on the traditional spot of Mary's burial. There is some beautiful art in there
dormition abbey is the blue dome in the bg

I LOVE MOSAICS



THE NEGEV

this week's field trip we went down south (as it is called in the KJV) to southern utah a very dry barren part of the Holy Land. We saw a bunch of archaeological sites which I will explain in the photos below


these are the graves of David Ben Gurion (first prime minister of Israel) and his wife


AND WE LIKE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BEFORE US WANDERED IN THE WILDERNESS FOR FORTY .............................minutes


also this part I felt like I was in Zion's National Park but with a different color palette

we climbed a bunch of stairs also some some scary ladders!



this is a roman sentry tower at Avdat, a Nabatean city we explored


Nabatean McDonalds


this is only a small portion of this GIANT WINEPRESS because you know the Nabateans were a bunch of winos

the acropolis at Avdat


half a byzantine church and a bunch of mormons

this was the view from Tel Arad, which was another site we saw




We also went to Tel Sheva but I was really salty at the time so I have no pictures from that site, but we did walk through a cool old cistern!

mid terms

I've been here like two weeks and it's already midterm time babies. I don't have pictures for this but I did get aight grades so there's something


Arab Culture Night

On thursday we had a night all about Arab culture. We had two sheiks from the Al Aqsa Mosque (which is the mosque next to the Dome of the Rock and the third holiest site in all of Islam) come and recite from the Qur'an and the Call to Prayer. It was so amazing!! It also helped me to better understand the call to prayer when I hear it! Then we had an MAGNIFICENT FEAST prepared by the awesome kitchen staff. They literally spent all day working on it, check out the menu:


Sabbath stuff!

I took a nap!!!!!! I also sang in Sacrament. Also a girl here opened her mission call which was so exciting and awesome, she's going to Colorado Springs!

BUT BEFORE THAT WE'RE ALL GOING TO GREECE CAN YOU EVEN HANDLE IT. so now I have to go pack so bye!

Comments