?????? Mystery post I am unable to come up with a clever title to

ok I feel like a lot of fun things happened this week, let's see if my brain can recall what all of them are!!

Monday!
SHOPPING PARTY TIMES. Because we had our field trip on Sunday we had our free day on monday. I went with a rather large group of people that eventually whittled down and we went basically all over the place to shop. I mostly looked at stuff (and got good ideas for things to get later before I come home) but then we went to this dress store called Zoya's that sell super cheap cute dresses and skirts and stuff anD BOUGHT SO MANY THINGS :00000000

Tuesday!
another day when we had basically all of our classes WHAT A SLOG. In the evening we had the formal talent show! I sang Pie Jesu with my roommate Hannah who is awesome and our voices blend together so nice and there were so many other performances that were seriously so good and I very much enjoyed.
CHECKMEOUTINMYCUTEZOYADRESS.jpg
Wednesday!
welllllllllllll I was signed up to give blood but guess who is 2 entire kilometres too small (that's how the metric system works right?). So instead of that I dipped out into the city after classes and went with some friends to the Tower of David Museum which was so much cooler than I expected. It's a museum inside a Mamluk period citadel which is preeetty rad. The center gave every student a free ticket to go so that was a nice little bonus too. After that we (got ice cream really fast BUT AFTER THAT we) went to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher for a Corpus Christi service (I know, I too thought it was just a city in Texas). It was cool but I wish I knew the music better so I could have sang along a little more. We also had to leave early in order to make it in time for the SEDER!!!

Here's a snapshot or two:

the oasis was transformed!!!!!
lol you know us JC winos
For those who don't know a Passover Seder is part meal, part story, part religious ritual. It is the telling of the story of the children of Israel being delivered from Egypt. It was such a cool experience. I honestly wish the holidays I celebrate could be this... well done? It was a perfect blend of spirituality and family fun times.

Thursday and Friday
relatively mellow days, lots of classes. Both our Israel and Palestine classes have crossed into the point of talking about the present day conflict here in the Holy Land. It has been so interesting to learn more about this issue, especially to hear it told from two very different perspectives. I'm really grateful I've had the chance to study this in this manner. I would love to have a private discussion with anyone about this too so HMU.

Saturday!////today!
ok I just want to say that I love having sabbath be on saturdays. I realized part of why that is so good. On friday night you are like "YESSSSS ITS THE WEEKEND" and the first thing you know you'll be doing the next day is church is such a nice feeling and it helps like transfer all the good fun weekend feelings over on to the sabbath, which I think is appropriate since it is the day of rest. I think the Sabbath is something we ought to look forward to and having it be on Saturday really contributes to that.

Church was amazing as always and it has been a pretty mellow day otherwise. Did lots of singing and chatting with friends! I am so grateful to be here at the JC with so many amazing people doing so much cool stuff. What a time to be alive.

tune in next week for DOUBLE FIELD TRIP

Comments